Body aging is a natural physiological process. With age, the working mechanisms of internal systems change, there is a gradual destabilization of vital functions. One of the most unpleasant consequences of old age is the decrease in sexual activity. For many men, the decline in reproductive function causes a feeling of inferiority, provokes prolonged depression, fear, self-doubt and other psychological problems.
Is it possible to increase potency in men over 60 years old and what methods are the most effective?
Signs of early erectile dysfunction
The decrease in potency occurs gradually, while each man has an individual age of onset of changes in the sexual sphere. Depending on the characteristics of the body and lifestyle, an erection can weaken after 45-50 years, or, on the contrary, persist until old age. To maintain sexual activity, it is very important to determine the onset of impotence as soon as possible and take all possible measures.
The main signs of initial problems in the genital area are the following:
- for the onset of a full erection, more and more time is required;
- the penis fills with blood, but does not reach its usual size and elasticity even at the peak of sexual arousal;
- sensations during intimacy and sexual discharge become less vivid;
- after the start of ejaculation, the penis quickly returns to its normal state;
- the intervals between sexual intercourse increase, a man needs more and more time to fully recover;
- the skin of the scrotum becomes loose and the testicles decrease in size.
Given the natural physiological changes related to age, potency in men at the age of 60 years is considered normal in the presence of periodic spontaneous nocturnal erections and 3-5 intercourse per month.
When the first signs of erectile dysfunction appear, you should contact a urologist to choose the most appropriate way to maintain potency.
Why is the power reduced?
The main reason that affects the health of men after the age of 60 is a change in the hormonal balance. With age, there is a decrease in testosterone production and a slowdown in the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone, the most active androgen that affects sperm maturation activity, sexual desire and erection.
Additional factors that cause sexual impotence include the following:
- For many couples, sex after 60 becomes monotonous and becomes a habit. The loss of external attractiveness of the partner and repetitive postures do not cause enough arousal for a full erection.
- The cause of impotence can be regular physical overwork, as well as constant psychological stress, stress and family quarrels.
- Often intimate life in old age fades due to the presence of bad habits and overeating.
- The lack of motor activity leads to the development of stagnant processes and impaired blood flow in the pelvic area.
- Some chronic diseases of the kidneys, bladder, nervous and cardiovascular systems can aggravate the situation and increase the risk of sexual impotence.
Strengthening potency in men after 60 years.
How to improve erectile function in old age?
Due to the physiological changes that take place in the body, it is much more difficult to restore potency to an older man than to a young one. This requires an integrated approach, including correcting nutrition, daily routine and physical activity, taking medication, performing exercises, etc.
Treatment of impotence in men from the age of 60
In most cases, improving erectile function in old age is impossible without drug therapy. First of all, it is necessary to examine the presence of concomitant diseases that provoke sexual impotence and carry out the necessary treatment.
Since the main reason for decreased sexual activity is hormonal imbalance, many men are advised to take drugs that increase the concentration of androgens. Most often, testosterone enanthate is used for this purpose, which is administered intramuscularly once every two weeks. Medicines to increase the concentration of hormones are also available in the form of tablets, ointments and patches.
Treatment of impotence after 60 years with the use of drugs that stimulate the production of testosterone should be carried out exclusively under medical supervision with regular monitoring of hormone levels.
Besides,male potency treatmentmay require the use of:
- medicinesto relieve spasms of peripheral blood vessels (Yohimbine, Doxazosin, Omnic, Tamsulosin);
- antidepressants(if potency problems are related to psychology and psyche);
- erection stimulantsthat improve blood supply to the penis: phosphodiesterase inhibitors, dietary supplements, products based on natural extracts;
- vitamin complexes, which will enhance the effect of the main drugs and provide a general improvement of the state.
What kind of means to increase potency in old age is better to choose?
To select a cure for impotence at the age of 60 you should only be a specialist. This is due to the presence of contraindications and restrictions for many drugs. A man should also follow the recommendations regarding the dosage and regularity of taking the medications.
Gymnastics for men after 60 years of impotence
The stability of an erection largely depends on the condition of the coccygeal-pubic muscle. To return potency and prevent sexual function disorders, it is necessary to perform special gymnastics every day to train the pelvic muscles.
Physical exercises for men over 60 should include pelvic rotations, walking in place with raised knees, squats, walking on the buttocks, push-ups.
You can use special complexes designed to improve blood circulation in the pelvic veins and maintain the tone of muscle fibers. The majorityThe Kegel complex is considered effective. It includes some simple exercises that you need to do 2-3 times a day. According to surveys, the benefits of such activities are noticeable after 4-6 weeks of daily training.
How to increase potency in men with folk remedies at 60 years old.
In addition to the drug course, you can use folk methods to improve the erection. The most effective means are:
- Alcohol tinctures of ginseng root, eleutherococcus, dead bee. In addition to influencing the reproductive system, they have a general strengthening effect, increase immunity, improve the functioning of the nervous system and tone.
- A mix of walnuts, ginger, honey and bee bread. Daily intake will providerestoration of potency after 60 years. The products that make up the mixture also contain a large amount of vitamins necessary for the normal functioning of all body systems.
- Infusions and decoctions of wild rose, thyme, dubrovnik, nettle, plantain, calamus. Medicinal herbal mixtures have a complex cumulative effect, which allows you to increase potency and maintain the achieved effect for a long time. In adulthood, instead of the usual black or green tea, you can use drinks from a mixture of tea leaves with medicinal plants.
Despite the fact that the use of herbal tinctures, decoctions and teas has practically no contraindications, you should consult a urologist before using them.
How to increase the potency of a man after 60 years of nutrition?
There are a number of products that can positively affect the functioning of the organs of the reproductive system. These include:
- quail eggs;
- Natural honey;
- whole grains and beans;
- shellfish and fatty varieties of sea fish;
- sour cream;
- greens (parsley, dill, celery).
Daily consumption of fresh fruits, vegetables, natural juices, green tea will help increase potency. In adulthood, it is recommended to reduce the amount of salt, spices, pickles, hot sauces, fatty and high-calorie foods that are consumed. If possible, you should refuse sausages, muffins, sweets, strong coffee, fatty meats.
Such a diet will not only improve the general condition of the body, but also help in the fight against excess weight, which is one of the factors in early sexual dysfunction.
How to maintain potency until old age
Attention, warmth and contacts with other people, including physical ones, are necessary at any age. Older people need intimacy just as much as when they were younger. In order to prolong sexual activity and not remain impotent as long as possible, four basic rules must be observed:
- Watch your health. Quitting smoking and heavy drinking, timely treatment of chronic diseases, and lengthening remission periods will significantly increase the chances of maintainingmasculine powerin old age
- avoid withdrawal. Regular sex will help to overcome impotence. You should try to diversify your sex life and not take long breaks between intercourse. All this will allow you to get a bright orgasm after 60 years.
- Watch your weight and eat well. With age, the body's metabolism slows down. To maintain a stable body weight, you need to review your diet.nutrition. Every day, the body must receive enough vitamins, minerals and other essential substances for the body.
- Move. Daily physical activity contributes to normal blood circulation and tissue oxygenation. Walking, moderate physical activity, special exercises will help maintain good physical shape, which is very important for maintaining sexual activity.
Love, accompanied by full sex, is possible at almost any age. Compliance with the advice of experts, attentive attitude to the correction of health, lifestyle and nutrition, the abandonment of bad habits - all this will help maintain potency until old age.
The sex life of the elderly has many advantages. A 60-year-old man has much more experience as a lover than in his youth: he knows how to satisfy himself and his partner, he has no unrealistic expectations and is devoid of many stereotypes. If in youth young people focus mainly on their feelings, with age a more attentive attitude towards a woman appears, thanks to which sex with a 60-year-old man can bring much more pleasure.